I finished the book prototype! And this is the final cover.
The cover is quite different from the one shown in the previous post. It went through several dozen more iterations. This one has more punch because more black is used, so it's louder than the interior art (as should be), at the same time, I feel it has a "literary" and also sparkly theaterly feel to it.
Also, "Nights" felt like a better title as it suggests nightly intrigue. All three plays start early in the evening.
I've sent it off to the printers for a very small print run. I want to send this to a few publishers to see if they'd be interested in publishing a book like this. I think I also may need to create some concept art so a publisher can get a feel for what the finished book would look like. I may add that to this website, and I may print it as an additional little booklet, to be included in the package to send to a few publishers.
The goal is to have something to send to publishers, to see if they'd be intested in publishing something like this in its finished form.
I finished the thumbnails for "Warrior's Lament". It wasn't easy puzzling together the photo reference for it, but I think I like how the pacing came out. At any length, I'm putting it away for a while so I can return to it with a fresh pair of eyes. And an editor indicated he may have time to give me feedback on it also, so I'll wait for that.
So on I go, working on the theater play comics.